Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum

4 participants

Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum Empty Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum

Message  Invité Ven 17 Avr 2009, 2:02 pm

Bonsoir chers amis,

Je sollicite votre aide, car je souhaiterais exercer un peu mon niveau de langue anglaise...tout en continuant à m'instruire doctrinalement.

Ces Anglois dont le pape Saint Grégoire le Grand voulait faire des anges...en existe t-il dans la littérature catholique ayant l'envergure d'auteurs français tels que Saint François de Sales, Dom Guéranger ou Saint Louis-Marie Grignon de Montfort...et ayant publié dans leur langue?

Merci de m'indiquer tous les ouvrages susceptibles de m'intéresser: apologétique, dévotion, prières et aussi cantiques religieux.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume

(photo: Saint Grégoire le Grand croise sur un marché aux esclaves un groupe d’enfants anglais)

Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum Zpage059

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum Empty Re: Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum

Message  Diane + R.I.P Ven 17 Avr 2009, 4:12 pm

Guillaume a écrit:Bonsoir chers amis,

Je sollicite votre aide, car je souhaiterais exercer un peu mon niveau de langue anglaise...tout en continuant à m'instruire doctrinalement.

Ces Anglois dont le pape Saint Grégoire le Grand voulait faire des anges...en existe t-il dans la littérature catholique ayant l'envergure d'auteurs français tels que Saint François de Sales, Dom Guéranger ou Saint Louis-Marie Grignon de Montfort...et ayant publié dans leur langue?

Merci de m'indiquer tous les ouvrages susceptibles de m'intéresser: apologétique, dévotion, prières et aussi cantiques religieux.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume

Malheureusement, Sad cher Guillaume je ne connais aucun livre en anglais!

Je ne parle pas un traître mot dans cette langue! !
Diane + R.I.P
Diane + R.I.P

Message  gabrielle Ven 17 Avr 2009, 4:15 pm

http://www.liberius.net/index_en.php

Sur Libérius, il y a quelques bouquins en anglais... notamment sur le Sacré-Coeur

The spiritual teaching of saint John Eudes (PDF) Lebrun
Archbishop Stepinac (PDF) O'Brien of Thomond
The story of St. John Baptist de la Salle (PDF)
History of the variations of the protestant churches (vol. 2) (PDF)
History of the variations of the protestant churches (vol. 1) (PDF)
The Priest: his dignity and obligations (PDF) Eudes
The admirable Heart of Mary (PDF) Eudes
Letters and shorter works (PDF) Eudes
Meditations on various subjects (PDF) Eudes
The Sacred Heart of Jesus (PDF) Eudes
The life and kingdom of Jesus (PDF) Eudes
Money manipulation and social order (PDF)
The Mystical Body of Christ and the reorganization of society (PDF) Fahey
A study in american freemasonry (PDF)

Bonne study
gabrielle
gabrielle

Message  Invité Ven 17 Avr 2009, 4:32 pm

Parce Domine a écrit:
The Mystical Body of Christ and the reorganization of society (PDF) Fahey

article de Wikipedia sur Denis Fahey a écrit:Fahey felt that the contemporary Catholic Church faced its greatest challenge from the forces of naturalism, be they invisible (Satan and other demons) or visible (Jews and Freemasons). Tapping into contemporary campaigns by parties such as Cumann na nGaedhael, Fahey wrote a series of articles for John J. O'Kelly's Catholic Bulletin attacking Freemasonry in particular and secret societies in general, referring frequently to the work of Edward Cahill. His works appeared in the French language in Canada, having been translated by Adrien Arcand.

Voici qui devrait grandement plaire à un certain CMI... Razz

Invité
Invité

Message  gabrielle Ven 17 Avr 2009, 4:50 pm

cheers
gabrielle
gabrielle

Message  ROBERT. Ven 17 Avr 2009, 5:13 pm

Parce Domine a écrit:cheers

Peut-être qu'un bon livre qu'on pourrait faire parvenir à Guillaume serait THE GEAT SACRILEGE, du Père Wathen... ? Insula Anglorum, Insula Angelorum 528196
ROBERT.
ROBERT.

Message  gabrielle Ven 17 Avr 2009, 6:10 pm

Il n'est pas à date, mais par contre l'anglais n'y est pas facile.... voir avec lui en MP
gabrielle
gabrielle

Message  Invité Sam 18 Avr 2009, 5:27 am

Pour THE GEAT SACRILEGE, du Père Wathen, je vais réfléchir si l'ouvrage est susceptible de m'intéresser.

Sinon un bon livre que vous pourriez me recommander voire me faire parvenir si vous en avez un serait...un bon Missel d'avant V2, en anglais!

Invité
Invité

Message  Javier Sam 18 Avr 2009, 1:35 pm

Peace be with you, dear Guillaume ! Very Happy

I've just read your post, which seems very interesting, and I thought I'd drop a line to try and help you.

So you're planning on brushing up on your English, aren't you? Well, to be honest, I think you've got a pretty good level of English, my dear brother in Christ Wink Yes, I remember we once chatted on the messenger (in English, of course), and your written English was superb ! sunny

You're asking for suggestions as regards religious literature in English. Well, I strongly recommend TAN Books and Publishers, they're jolly good at printing classic Catholic books. I own two books by this USA-based publishing house myself:

- The story of a soul (St. Therese of Liseux) and - Freemasonry. Mankind's hidden enemy (Bro. Charles Madden)

If you want, I can send them to you by post (you only need to give me your address in a private message)

TAN has got many other interesting titles, like for instance:

- St. Philomena-The Wonder-Worker (O'Sullivan)
- Isabella of Spain: the last crusader (William Thomas Walsh)
- The sinner's guide (Ven. Louis of Granada)
- True devotion to Mary (St. Louis Mary Grignon de Montfort)
- Sermons on Our Lady (St. Francis of Sales)
- History of the Antichrist (Rev. P. Huchede)
- The Holy Eucharist (St. Alphonsus of Ligouri)
- The ways of mental prayer (Dom Vitalis Lahodey)

etc...

Alternatively, you can also contact them on this address:

TAN BOOKS AND PUBLISHERS, INC.
P.O. Box 424
Rockford, Illinois
USA

Hope that was useful ! bounce

God bless
Javier
Javier

Message  Invité Jeu 23 Avr 2009, 6:02 am

Bonaerges a écrit:Peace be with you, dear Guillaume ! Very Happy

I've just read your post, which seems very interesting, and I thought I'd drop a line to try and help you.

So you're planning on brushing up on your English, aren't you? Well, to be honest, I think you've got a pretty good level of English, my dear brother in Christ Wink Yes, I remember we once chatted on the messenger (in English, of course), and your written English was superb ! sunny

You're asking for suggestions as regards religious literature in English. Well, I strongly recommend TAN Books and Publishers, they're jolly good at printing classic Catholic books. I own two books by this USA-based publishing house myself:

- The story of a soul (St. Therese of Liseux) and - Freemasonry. Mankind's hidden enemy (Bro. Charles Madden)

If you want, I can send them to you by post (you only need to give me your address in a private message)

TAN has got many other interesting titles, like for instance:

- St. Philomena-The Wonder-Worker (O'Sullivan)
- Isabella of Spain: the last crusader (William Thomas Walsh)
- The sinner's guide (Ven. Louis of Granada)
- True devotion to Mary (St. Louis Mary Grignon de Montfort)
- Sermons on Our Lady (St. Francis of Sales)
- History of the Antichrist (Rev. P. Huchede)
- The Holy Eucharist (St. Alphonsus of Ligouri)
- The ways of mental prayer (Dom Vitalis Lahodey)

etc...

Alternatively, you can also contact them on this address:

TAN BOOKS AND PUBLISHERS, INC.
P.O. Box 424
Rockford, Illinois
USA

Hope that was useful ! bounce

God bless

Dear friend in Jesus,

I've just browsed the website of TAN BOOKS AND PUBLISHERS and that is true, this is a rich collection of catholic books. Thank you so much! Very Happy

I would be particularly interesting in acquiring a Missal dating back to pre-Vatican II time. Is there any which you could recommend me warmly?

Peace be with you,

Guillaume

Invité
Invité

Message  Javier Sam 25 Avr 2009, 1:02 pm

I would be particularly interesting in acquiring a Missal dating back to pre-Vatican II time. Is there any which you could recommend me warmly?

Peace be with you, dear Guillaume.

This is what I've found:

The banners above link to the publishers' web sites (Angelus Press and Baronius Press) of the first two complete 2000-page Latin-English daily missals -- for the traditional Latin Mass (TLM) according to the current (1962) rubrics -- to be published in the 40 years since Vatican II. Comparative descriptions of these new missals for the old Mass can be found here.

Early in the 1900s, long before Vatican II, Pope St. Pius X encouraged active and conscious participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass:

"The Holy Mass is a prayer itself, even the highest prayer that exists. It is the Sacrifice, dedicated by our Redeemer at the Cross, and repeated every day on the Altar. If you wish to hear Mass as it should be heard, you must follow with eye, heart, and mouth all that happens at the Altar. Further, you must pray with the Priest the holy words said by him. You have to associate your heart with the holy feelings which are contained in these words and in this manner you ought to follow all that happens on the Altar. When acting in this way, you have prayed Holy Mass."

You need a Latin-English missal to pray Holy Mass in this way. Below we give some sites where you can check out different TLM missals.

Baronius Press Daily Roman Missal (1962)

New complete Latin-English daily missal.

Baronius Press

Angelus Press Daily Roman Missal (1962)

New complete Latin-English daily missal.

Angelus Press

Saint Andrew Daily Missal

Reprint of the 1945 edition of a venerable favorite, a complete 2000-page Latin-English daily missal.

New Roman Missal (Fr. Lasance)

Reprint of the 1945 edition of a venerable favorite, a complete 2000-page Latin-English daily missal.

St. Joseph Daily Missal

Another pre-Vatican II favorite, 1300+ pages with Latin-English Ordinary and Order of Mass but with the proper prayers and readings only in English.

New Marian Missal

Another pre-Vatican II favorite. Intermediate between the St. Joseph Daily Missal and a "complete" Latin-English Latin daily missal: It contains in both Latin and English just those propers that are often sung by a Gregorian chant schola -- the introit, gradual, and the offertory and communion verses.

Latin-English Booklet-Missal

This is the inexpensive 64-page "red missalette" that's seen ubiquitously at indult Mass sites (including ours). Contains the Ordinary of the Mass in Latin and English, and combines conveniently with the propers pamphlets that often are available also.

Ecclesia Dei Coalition

Catholic Bookstore Sources

Both the availability and pricing of the missals mentioned above varies widely from time to time. Some sources to check:

Angelus Press

St. Bonaventure Publications

FSSP Publications

Halo-Works

NOTE: Traditional missals published prior to 1962 are still eminently usable — and many prefer their old missals, which lack only a few minor simplifications introduced by Pope John XXIII. The new Angelus Press and Baronius Press missals mentioned above incorporate these refinements.

On-line Propers and Prayers

For those without personal missals, this is a link to the "proper prayers" and readings for forthcoming Sunday Masses. Many people find it profitable to study these before attending Mass. Below are listed some additional on-line sources of these propers and readings.

Sacred Texts Site

A site that permits you to print an attractively formatted 16-page Latin-English copy of the 1962 Ordinary of the Mass incorporating the minor simplifications mentioned above. (For instance, the Confiteor is not repeated at Communion.)

Tridentine Latin Rite Missal Project

Click this link to find an on-line missal where you can read or print out the prayers and readings for a particular day's Mass.

Una Voce Propers Site

Click this link to download files that can be used to print a 4-page booklet of proper prayers and readings (for a given Sunday Mass) that "fits" with the red missalettes (mentioned above). These are the booklets and missalettes that are provided at the St. John Neumann Masses in Farragut.

Traditional Latin Mass Web Sites

Try checking Angelus Press and Baronius Press, they may have something of interest.

You can also take a look at Traditio.com, as I think they also sell Missals.

God bless you, my dear friend. Very Happy

Bonaerges
Javier
Javier